The City of Manassas Park Police Department is accepting applications for certified law enforcement officer.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Responds to calls for police service and responds to crimes, domestic disputes, disturbances, disputes among neighbors, juveniles, or other incidents; apprehends law breakers as necessary; conducts follow-up investigations of crimes and other incidents, conducts surveillance of areas for suspected or potential criminal activity.
- Conducts routine patrols in residential and business areas; maintains contact with businesses and residents to establish good relations.
- Provides information and/or assistance to the public, informing citizens of services in the community, or providing referrals to other city, county, or state agencies.
- Maintains the peace and safety of the community by quelling public disturbances and maintaining order at group functions.
- Provides for the safe and convenient flow of traffic and pedestrians within the community, investigates traffic accidents, enforces traffic violations, promotes vehicular and pedestrian safety, reports unsafe road conditions, and conducts DUI or other investigations.
- Issues civil or legal documents such as traffic citations; prepares written reports, forms, and other documents, as required; may testify in civil and criminal court proceedings or give depositions.
- Provides specialized police service when trained and assigned such as K-9, Bicycle Patrol, Motorcycle Patrol, or other.
- May perform administrative or specialized functions when trained and assigned such as administrative support services, property and evidence, field and firearms training, public information, athletics, or other.