Manassas Park is an independent jurisdiction in Northern Virginia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Washington, DC. The city borders Prince William County and the City of Manassas. Manassas Park offers citizens an established community along with the prospects of significant future residential and commercial development. The desirable living features such as neighborliness and community pride in a small, progressive city environment add to the city’s charm.
The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Help Desk Technician (Part Time). The essential function of the position within the organization is to be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. Respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problem, and determines and implements solution. This position will be responsible for delivery assistance and administrative support on various projects and tasks.
All positions at the City of Manassas Park require a customer service mindset, in accordance with the Customer Service related focus of the City.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
1. Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
2. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
3. Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
4. Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
5. Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
6. Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
7. Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
8. Follow-up and update customer status and information.
9. Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
10. Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
11. Performs additional IT projects and miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Must possess excellent communication skills.
2. Must be tech savvy with a working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control.
3. Must have a good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products.
4. Must have the ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
5. Must maintain a high level of professionalism.
6. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Must work well independently, yet is cooperative in working with staff.
8. Must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with exceptional attention to detail.
Minimum Education and Training
1. Requires a a high school diploma or the equivalent education in Information Technology.
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Manassas Park will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
- Requires light work involving standing or walking some of the time.
- The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing, and speaking.
Authorized hiring range: $25 - $28 per hour
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111 or fax/email: 703-335-1405 / firstname.lastname@example.org
You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link:
To be considered for the current hiring process you must have your application submitted to the Human Resources Department by Friday, October 21, 2020 close of business.
The City of Manassas Park is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.