The City of Manassas Park is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter-EMT. The essential function of this non-exempt position is to provide protective fire and rescue services. Ranked among the top 100 small towns to live in by Money Magazine in 2011, Manassas Park is a family-oriented community of more than 15,000 residents and award-winning schools in beautiful Northern Virginia. The Manassas Park Fire and Rescue Department is a premier career fire service agency providing fire suppression, advanced life support transport-EMS, fire code enforcement, community education programs, and disaster preparedness and response coordination.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The Firefighter-EMT responds to fire, medical, hazardous material, and technical rescue emergencies and other hazardous conditions and takes appropriate actions to control the emergency and care for the sick and injured. Performs associated duties including training, pre-incident planning, fire safety inspection, public education, and equipment and facility maintenance. Operates emergency vehicles, systems, and portable equipment. Typically assigned to the Operations Division working on one of three 24-hour shifts; however, may be assigned to the Administration Division working on special projects as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Must have Emergency Medical Services experience and firefighting experience as an active and regular member of an organized fire-rescue department. In addition, qualified candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
Firefighter-EMT Minimum Requirements
The following are the minimum qualifications to apply:
- At least 18 years of age
- United States citizen
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate
- Must have Firefighter II (ProBoard or IFSAC), Hazardous Materials Operations, EVOC 3, and Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS), EMT-B certification; or, the ability to obtain EMS certification through state reciprocity.
- Valid Virginia Driver's License and acceptable driving record (or ability to obtain)
- Able to pass a background investigation and polygraph
- Able to pass a medical examination and drug screening conducted by City-appointed medical providers
- Able to pass a physical ability test (VIDEO)
Successful applicants will be employed as a Firefighter-EMT with a starting salary of $48,429. The probationary period for newly appointed personnel is 12 months, subject to extension in accordance with City personnel policy.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our team, you must complete an application form and submit it to the City of Manassas Park, Human Resources Department, One Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA 20111. Resume accepted in lieu of application. You may obtain an employment application by going to the following link:
For any questions, please email email@example.com or call 703.335.8845.