There will be a Governing Body Regular Meeting with Joint Public Hearings involving the Planning Commission on May 19, 2020. This meeting will be held in the Manassas Park City Schools Board Chambers, located on the second floor of 1 Park Center Court, Manassas Park, VA, 20111. The meeting will start at 7:00 PM with the Governing Body in closed session from 7-8 PM, and the public portion of the meeting starting at 8:00 PM.
In order to mitigate the risk of COVID-19, some Governing Body and Planning Commission members will be attending in person, and some will be dialing in via teleconferencing.
The meeting is open to the public, however, all residents are encouraged to participate virtually to the maximum extent possible. Please follow the below steps to maximize your participation:
1) The meeting will be streaming live to the public via the City's Youtube Channel here.
2) The meeting will also be broadcasting on local cable on Comcast channel 18. This is the cable channel used by Manassas Park City Schools.
3) To participate, residents can email comments/questions to the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will provide it to the Mayor to read out loud at the public meeting.
4) Residents can also call 703-335-8808 or chat live with city staff on the City Facebook page and on Youtube Live during the public hearing. Please note that the volume of calls/messages may delay response time; however staff will try to get to your questions as quick as possible.
5) A recording will also be posted to Youtube, and our normal TV rebroadcast on Comcast channel 23 and Verizon channel 43, when available.
Please see the full meeting agenda below.
Residents are also invited to view the following presentations on the City's Youtube channel for the joint public hearings:
1) Draft Transportation Chapter for Proposed Comprehensive Plan Amendment at https://youtu.be/yAtbZ7Lyzak
2) Rezoning (RZ#20-04); Zoning Waivers (WAI#20-04A-L; Public Facilities Manual Waivers (PFW#20-04A-G) at https://youtu.be/Fs3GD48RXjo