Manassas Park Citizens will have the knowledge, skills and positive encouragement necessary to identify and meet their personal needs and the needs of any dependent family members; to manage their daily life and plan their future; and be protected from physical abuse, neglect, and threats to safety.
- Provision of residential and outreach services as ordered by local courts.
- Assessment, case management of, and payment of residential and treatment services for at-risk youth, in collaboration with the Juvenile Probation Unit, Schools, and Community Services Board.
- Provision of therapeutic counseling (individual & family), and training in life skills, decision-making, conflict resolution, etc.
- Provision of follow-up services for youth and their families.
- Provision of adult mentors, tutors, student internships, summer programs, etc., for youth.
- Provision of intervention, case management, and shelter services for the homeless (youth, adults and families), including rent assistance and transportation.
- Oversight of distribution of government funds to local programs.
- Educational courses in nutrition, budgeting, etc.
- Provision of domestic violence intervention and shelter services.
The Department works collaboratively with City departments, non-profit agencies, local governments, and the state and federal governments to provide citizen customers with a continuum of services and resources. Using such an array of options, staff can respond to each individual and families unique strengths and needs to positively impact their overall quality of life.